Saturday, August 4, 2012

How to fall into a slumber more easily?

I have troubles falling asleep and to cure this I have tried zillions of methods. I google them, I looked up for healthy lifestyle books in the library, Google some more. And after much efforts done, I have finally found the right solutions to my problem! Hooray!

So I know some of you guys out there share the same trouble as I do. Therefore, I'm here to share with you what methods worked and those that don't- at least for me. 


1. Music


After searching for remedies on the Internet and having tried them out. Music is one of the ways to get you into sleep. Not any kind of music. It must be a relaxing one , something to smooth you down and not make you break into a dance. Classical music would be a good choice. If not jazz is pretty good too, just that make sure it isn't loud or anything. I tried for a month and there were a few occasion that it didn't work but so far 70% of the time it did.

If you do not have any classical music discs or not willing to splurge on one, just use the radio. I always tune in to Symphony 92.4 and let it play all the way till when I wake up.

2. Herbal Foot Pad

 I'm not trying to suggest any brand here. But these really helps in falling asleep. I bought mine at the Gmarket which was pretty cheap compared to retail's. Plus, it helps in removing toxin from your body. All you have to do is to just stick it on your feet when you go to sleep. When you wake up the next morning, the foot pad turned black. It will subsequently fade away if you try for a week. Works 80% of the time- tried a week.

You can try Watsons or Guardian. They should have it. Or else get it cheaply from Gmarket. Took around 2 weeks for it to arrive though. 



 
 3. Medicine


WARNING: PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE CONSUMING THIS. IF YOU HAVE ANY ALLERGIES I SUGGEST YOU NOT CONSUME IT!


IF YOU ARE ON MEDICATION PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR !

This medicine here was prescribed to me by a Chinese physician. It's a Chinese medicine. 36 capsules a bottle. Supposedly it has no side effects. 2 tablets thrice a day. I was able to sleep more soundly. Tried for 2 weeks, works perfectly 85%. I was a bit skeptic when I was introduced to this. But, it worked somehow so I'm going to continue until I am able to fall asleep more easily without any help.

4. Warm Bath

Take a warm bath before going to sleep. It calms your nerves down. It will be easier to fall into sleep. Tried for a few times, don't always work but it's really a good feeling. I washes away all your weariness and you'll feel a bit more refresh. 

Okay

That's my top 4 working list. I'm still exploring for other alternatives but these so far work the best. Let me know if these methods work for you or suggest more ideas! That would be even better

No comments: