Saturday, November 26, 2011

Anime Festival!

 

Anime Festival!! DAY 3!





Went to Anime Festival on 13th Nov! I can't say I had a blast there but I got lucky!!
It was held for three days and each day , in the evening they will hold a concert lasting for abt 3 hours?
But I only went for the third day as I am more interesting to see the artist that are going to be showed up on that day.

As you who went there before knew that such festival isn't much really. There will be some stage performance and cosplayers loitering around peacocking their amazing costume but other than that, there isn't much to wow about.

I went there primarily because of Kalafina.

Do you know Kalafina?



That's Kalafina, they are as you can see a three girl groups who sang gothic (alike) songs and anime songs.

According to the schedule, I was supposed to be late for their guest appearance on stage. The appearance supposingly started at 1:35 and ended at 2:15 and having reached at 2:05 I missed it. Why?

THAT'S BECAUSE I COULDN'T FIND THAT BLOODY STAGE!!!!!

I searched high and low for the stage and referenced with the map continiously but I just couldn't find it. In the end.. it turns out that the place I thought to be some Canon recption counter turned out to be the stage.



So when it was 2:15 I already given out hope and stopped searching. Being late and all, I know it was my fault so I don't feel angry at all, but when we came back to the stage at a later time, my cousin found a little autograph booth not far and hanging on the top of the booth was an A4 paper that read:

Kalafina Autograph Session 2:15

God hates me. Apparantly the timing for the autograph session (aka guest appearance) has changed. 

This is maddening!! Even if I do not hold ticket for the autograph session , I could just crowd around the booth and take a photo of Kalafina. GRAWRRR!! 
Can you understand my fustration? 

But I was quite lucky to spot some celebrithies because when I was at the booth, it happens that there was an another autograph session in 5 minutes time so I waited there. 

 

Kanako Iko and Chiyomaru Shikura.

I was just in front of them ! What a clear view! Unfortunately when they showed up, only one girl screamed. And that's her hair in the photo.

I didn't stay there for long as that manager (most left) seemed fierce so I took couple of photos and left!



Lisa's Autograph at one of the booth's wall!
Girls lining up for Butler Cafe

and of cause those lining up at Maid Cafe.. are all boys!
 I really want to try out the maid cafe and butler cafe. But to enter each person must purchase one set meal and one meal cost almost $20!! Plus, it's not much, totally not worth and the ambience isn't there.

I managed to see two of the butlers, peeking through the small entrance. Well.. they look exactly the same as the photo so I immediately recognised them. You can check them out at ww.animefestival.asia.


For the maid cafe, there were windows so you can see the maids and the inside of the cafe clearly unlike their partnert, butler cafe.

The backdoor of the maid cafe is strangly opened.




They are side by side.

 We continued to walk around the exhibition and strangly passed by a crowd of people frantically taking photograph. At first I found it strange and told my cousin that most people acted in a way that once a person starting taking photo ,others follow suit, not knowing what they are taking. My cousin just smiled and said: oh so they are really here. And I found it quite strange why he said that so I probed. Then I realised , two of AKB48 ( a japan girl group) is here!!

So people do know what they are snapping. And of course I fished out my iphone and began snapping away. Because of my height and many of the crowds are tall guys, cousin helped me to take this photo for me. He was soo much taller than the other guys.

Thanks! Thanks!




Up close! Sorry for the poor quality. Iphone zooming is very bad.                                                                 The two celebrities were there quite a while, selling and giving the merchandise personally but I can't being surrounded by tall people so I walked away. 

Overall anime festival was alright but I don't think I will come back any sooner. It's really EX ! I should have gone for the concert, where artists like kalafina and may'n will hold later in the evening. I guess it may be more worthy for money plus they give out goodies such as autographs!! Sadly , there wouldn't be anyone who is willing to go with me,



After the anime festival, we just walked around and see some cosplayers. It's nice to see some of them dressed up as your favourite anime characters, but sometimes some cosplayers may not do it properly and spoil your impression of the anime charatcer.

No comments: