Sunday, June 16, 2013

Snail Facial Mask

If you guys are any facial mask user.. (of course you are!), you would have heard of snail related facial products.

I know it isn't a new thing, but the idea of using snail mucus to moisturize your skin is soooooooo unappealing. Sure that its mucus is a super hydrating solution. But it doesn't change the fact that it is gross!

Can you image?

Putting this




ON YOUR FACE? 

Of course you can! People do it, right...?


Well.. anyway.

My first exposure to this exotic thing is when I was randomly shopping at the Qoo10.sg last year and this huge advert was right smacked in the front page decorated so prettily and tempting.

Boy, was I gobsmacked !

The immediate responses that came flashing across my mind was..

"what the hell? Is this the new thing?"

"Have they gone out of things to work on?"

"My god seriously?"

Then of course I went to google for more information and to see how incredible this was ..and the words I got were... "replenishes moisture" "regenerative" , "good for you skin"; "anti-ageing"; "antioxidants"; "acne treatment".

And... that did sound pretty amazing. It's like it has all these beauty functions all wrapped up in one tiny drop of mucus.

So apparently,  this thing had been used by the Greek ages ago and now they readopting this technology. So cosmetic industries now are latching to this idea to either vie for more market share or lose it.

It really doesn't concern me because I know for sure that I wasn't going to use it.. anytime soon.. or in the future.

Until my Aunt got me one as a souvenir from her Korea Trip.

"JUST DON'T USE IT LAH! WHAT'S THE BIG FUSS ABOUT?"

Yeah Right.

My policy is not to waste any stuffs that are functional and are of good use especially those that are brand new. And this facial mask that she fulfills all the criteria.

So, I can't just throw it away. Unless I got someone who I can give it to and will put it into efficient use.

Haix......!!!!

I am going to pray that this person will turn out soon.. but meanwhile I will just leave it in the fridge.

No comments: