Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year Resolution?

New Year Resolution.

BORING~

Not going to bombard you guys with my resolution.Typical new year post. Plus I even forgot what my previous year resolution was.

But that doesn't mean I don't set goals and push myself to greater heights. It's just that I set long term goals and I'm taking baby steps towards it.

I have already make a tiny baby step today to achieve one of my long term goals. I think it is a big accomplishment. Drawing bubbles of dreams is easy, achieving them is hard. And to make them realise, all you have to do is to take the very first step. So here I am making my next one.

Now with the arrival of a new year, I can't help but feel a slight change in my feelings.

With each passing year, I feel more and more depressed. A new year does not only represents a fresh new start but also gives you a new set of responsibilities. As I inched towards adulthood, I feel a little helpless and a little bit of fear. There are so many questions and doubts I have for myself.

Ahhh..

I'm turning 21 this year. And in a few more years, by society's convention I would reach a suitable marriageable age. Will I be able to cope with this pressure and continue to lead the life I desire. Or will I succumb to their menacing glares and give up my long term plans?

Can I cope with the increasing work load and lead a balanced life? And face the unforeseen changes?

I do not know, but I fear.

Everyone fears the unknown.

It's no wonder that people fear time.

Nonetheless, I am going to take one step at a time, smile and face the upcoming challenges.

How do you spend your new year. Any thoughts?

Happy New Year~

No comments: